Wednesday

Naspers and Digital Sky Technologies (DST) Gigante Behemoths!!!

 

I'm not in the financial or business field I don't even have a degree in it so don't take this post and dissect it because you might end up with brain overload (Disclaimer)  


I was thinking what if I had money to invest in some IPO  oooh Facebook's coming up soon MAYBE but then I thought hmmm I'm broke and cannot contribute in anyway or even profit from this random thought......then I pondered who are some of the people who own Facebook other than employees and some rich celebs. So here goes!!!!!!!!

I was interested in knowing why Russia investors put money into Facebook and looked at Digital Sky Technologies (DST) anyways Mail.ru, Yandex, Rambler are Russia’s biggest internet portals. Mail.ru and DST have some investment and name thing going on that doesn't interest me so I'll FFwd to a company called Naspers who owned at one point 30% and maybe still does an investment in Mail.ru/DST.
Back in the day Mail.ru announced that the three main shareholders are Digital Sky Technologies (DST), Tiger Global Managment (TGM), and Naspers a South African media company...here's where I thought hmm they seem like big Dogs in this internet thing.  DST(Digital Sky Technologies) invested $135 million in Groupons $900 million round IPO, a $180 million investment in Zynga and in 2009 invested $300 million in Facebook and $500 million this year in 2011 keep in mind Naspers supposedly 30% investment mentioned earlier.

Now back to Naspers...the electronic media arm of Naspers is MIH Holdings and controls Naspers' pay-television, internet and related technology activities. MIH Holdings either owns or operates pay-television and internet subscriber platforms in Africa, Greece, Cyprus, Thailand and China and contributed about 65% to Naspers’ total revenue and 80% to its operating profit in the 2007 fiscal year.
I'm dizzy are you? Geez!! Soooooooooo let's see what Naspers been up to in regards to being a behemoth in the world financially.
 O M G
http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Forecasts?s=NPN:JNB 


No comments:

Browse Ebay